Everything seems to be nonstop these days... one thing after the other with no break in between. Does anyone else ever feel like this? The time change has kicked my butt this week. I was fine on Sunday but everyday since has felt like I'm struggling to make it through the day.
Anyway, training has been going really well the past few weeks. I have definitely increased my speed and have completed my longest runs to date. Some days I feel like I won't be able to even make it 3 miles and others I am able to pick up the pace and blaze through it. I have decided though that training in rain is no fun :( at least when it cold and pouring. We've had a few rain spells over the past few weeks, plus snow, and now it's 80 DEGREES!!! Oh but wait, it is soon to be 40 and rainy again... sniff sniff... so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. This past weekend Andrea and I participated in the Corporate Cup 1/2 marathon relay. I did the first leg... 8.1 miles in 1 hour and about 13 minutes. Andrea ran with me for my last mile and took the remaining 5 mile leg of the race. We completed it in 1 hour and 59 minutes...woohoo. 8 miles is my longest run so far and it was my best yet, especially for my first race EVER. I felt as if I could have continued.
I truly am enjoying training especially with Team in Training. This group continues to grow in my heart and I have made some truly amazing friends. Everyone is so positive and uplifting that I can't help but smile when I am around them all. I even grown to love running... (I never thought that would happen).
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment