Friday, February 12, 2010

Apologies for the delay... I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off the past few weeks! I thought the fall was my busiest time, but boy was I wrong! I'm happy to say that I started my new role at the bank last week and I LOVE IT. It is a nice change that I know will keep me busy learning different areas of the bank.

Moving on the the running... our Team in Training 2010 Season is off to a great start! Our North Charlotte team has 16 participants running and fundraising to find a cure for blood cancers. I have eight wonderful mentees that will be heading to either San Diego or Seattle in June, and they have some awesome fundraisers planned including wine tasting, restaurante proceed nights, etc. I decided on a little Biggest Loser pool this time around (the winner cashes in half the pot, while the other half goes towards LLS). If anyone out ther watches, cheer on Daris for me!! We met as a Charlotte group at Fox & Hound last night for your group fundraising clinic. There are so many great ideas out there, please pass along any you may have!!


The weather has been the only uncooperative piece of the puzzle. We have dealt with rain, snow, and freezing temperature... Hello I THOUGHT I LIVED IN NORTH CAROLINA, yet I'm beginning to feel like I'm back in Buffalo. Through all of this, our dedicated runners have braved the wind and rain to make the most of this amazing experience. It is this experience that brings to light so many memories of my Aunt daily and they just keep reminding me why I'm doing this and why I want to be a part of finding a cure. At our Kickoff, we alo had the chance to meet our Honored Patient, Danielle Burgess. She is a beautiful 18 year old girl who was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL) in February 2009.


Danielle has such a brave spirit that just makes you want to do whatever you can to help.

The most important thing I wanted to say in this post... THANK YOU to all those who have already donated... WE are closer to our goal of finding a cure with every single dollar that comes in. I could not do it without all your love and support.

Before I go...  Happy St. Valentine's Day to all, have fun at your Mardi Gras festivites and Happy Paczki (pronounced Pounchki) Day to all my Polish family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment